yamaha viper with slp triples. Jetting question for wyoming. Albany lodge 9000+

jthemmer

Okay. So last year I jetted to slp's specs. 45 for pilot and 145 on mains. However, if I turned the sled off for 5 minutes to 15 min. It took like ten pulls to get it to start again. If i pulled right after shutting it off it was fine and in the morning first pull each day to start. I think I changed my needle setting to mr vipers specs a long time ago but never changed it to slp's specs. I think this might be the issue. What do you guys think? btw it never bogged or seemed like it lacked power when riding.

Are you pinning the throttle when you try this? One has always needed pinned throttle under the conditions you mention.

I dont know if i understand your question. We would just take a break from riding and back in iowa if i did this it would start first pull all day. So in wyoming on the short breaks i wouldnt choke or give it gas to start it id just pull due to it only being off for 15 minutes max.

You should try pushing the throttle all the way in and be prepared to release. Try it it works on mine

its a yamaha thing, they like a little throttle at elevation. usually not much more than 1/4 for me, i would be leery of a full throttle start.

mr vipers needle setting saves the engines at lower elevations, but you dont need it at elevation in my opinion. think of lower=leaner, higher=richer when it comes to altitude. same with the needles, raise to richen, lower to lean it out. look at you oem jetting charts and yamaha recommends swings from position 3 on the needle at sea level all the way to 1 or 1.5 position in the thin air. it may very well be your needle setting affecting the hot starts. i would definitely try a bit of throttle next time and see if it works for you or reset the needles for elevation.

i am an elevation rider, but not quite that high.

its a yamaha thing, they like a little throttle at elevation. usually not much more than 1/4 for me, i would be leery of a full throttle start.

mr vipers needle setting saves the engines at lower elevations, but you dont need it at elevation in my opinion. think of lower=leaner, higher=richer when it comes to altitude. same with the needles, raise to richen, lower to lean it out. look at you oem jetting charts and yamaha recommends swings from position 3 on the needle at sea level all the way to 1 or 1.5 position in the thin air. it may very well be your needle setting affecting the hot starts. i would definitely try a bit of throttle next time and see if it works for you or reset the needles for elevation.

i am an elevation rider, but not quite that high.

what makes you leery? the sled lurching? i have never had a problem if you let off right away

Back