Did I put my base gasket on upside down?

Sxviperrules99

So I got my motor all together and when I looked at the gasket prior to installation it appeared to not have a way to install it but I read today that there is a specific way to installing it.. the way I put it on has the little tab that sticks out in front of the motor on the left side if you are sitting on the sled. If I would have flipped the gasket over it would be on the right. Did I put it on wrong and if I did must I correct it?

Thanks for the help,

So I got my motor all together and when I looked at the gasket prior to installation it appeared to not have a way to install it but I read today that there is a specific way to installing it.. the way I put it on has the little tab that sticks out in front of the motor on the left side if you are sitting on the sled. If I would have flipped the gasket over it would be on the right. Did I put it on wrong and if I did must I correct it?

Thanks for the help,

Just read on another forum which informed me that it is on upside down... I did run it for about 5 minutes.... will it still be ok to reuse the gasket?

Back