Parking brake springs? SRX?

nick5oh

Took apart the chaincase and shafts to change all the bearings. Got it all done, while reassembling the brake I had a pile of brain farts...musta put that thing together and took it back apart like 5 times trying to get it right. Still have it wrong. Anyone have any pictures or maybe you could take some for me so I can get it right? I've got the springs wrong im pretty sure, cause the brake won't hold the jack shaft when the brake is engaged. The cable tightens and moves the levers ever so slightly but it doesn't hold tight enough. I did not play with the adjustment bolt or the adjustment nuts on the cable so maybe it never held properly? Just picked this sled up recently so im not sure if it did hold or not. Thanks guys!

1. Take all parking brake parts
2. Throw them in the scrap bin.

Haha putting that thing back together is a nightmare. I've never used mine anyway. Took it out and never put back. Velcro strap around the brake lever works good too!

Sent from my E6560C using Tapatalk

They can be fun to put back together. Once you get it back together never take it apart again.lol IMG_20151225_084032438[1].jpgIMG_20151225_084148728[1].jpgIMG_20151225_084217822[1].jpg

Made the same mistake when I did my srx. Didn't put it back on either but when I did the vmax700 I left it together when I pulled the chain case. Didn't realize I could pull it off with the rotor. Oh well

That's better...thanks again! Btw, there's no way I can mix the springs up right? If so its way out to lunch, during my trials and errors I did that but like I said it's way out to lunch. Thanks again buddy
Yes you can mix up the springs,they'll only fit correctly one way. If you take your time and watch what your doing you'll see how they go. One side braces itself against the arm of the brake pads as the other braces against the chaincase.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

So I moved the top spring to where it's supposed to be according to the pics. Made a slight difference in the holding force. I could still turn the track using a ratchet on the jackshaft bolt. Quite a bit of force with that method but it still turned. I had a bunch of slack/play in the brake cable so I tightened that up a bit. It's all much better now. So I'll leave it for now. Thanks for the help guys

Back