700 MM jetting 3000-5000 ft?

abranz

Hello, I'm new here and just purchased a 01 700mm. It's stock other than the previous owner jetting the carbs with 140 pto, 138's on the middle and mag side. 55 pilots with their screws 1 5/8 out.
Is this correct jetting for 3000-5000ft? It runs well but sputters and seems rich during 1/3 throttle or less. It has stock exhaust. Thanks, Anthony.

Straight out of the book, but you didnt mention the needle setting. That could be your sputter. Yamaha says position #2 for the clip. Yamaha does error on he side of rich and if you have tuning parts on hand you could actually go a bit smaller on the mains, I did before pipes.

Straight out of the book, but you didnt mention the needle setting. That could be your sputter. Yamaha says position #2 for the clip. Yamaha does error on he side of rich and if you have tuning parts on hand you could actually go a bit smaller on the mains, I did before pipes.

Is that position #2 from top or bottom of the needle? Thank you, appreciate the help

Would changing the pilot jets to 50 from 55 help the low to mid range? The needle clips are on position 3 from top with a shim on each side of the clip. Are the pilots for idle or low throttle or both? Thanks

Back