Pro X Skid

01Vmax89

Anyone yet mount a Pro X or a Polaris skid in place of there Proaction? If what is needed or does it mount up like nothing? Thinkin I'd like the stance and extra 5 inches of travel, from 9 to 13.9. Thinkind about it for my 01 Vmax 500 (soon to be 600) Thx Jon

Just make sure the mounting holes you make/use are the exact same as on the sled the skid comes out of and it will work well. Much better ride than the pro-action is capable of. At www.rx1.info several members have arctic cat skids in their rx-1's and really seem to be pleased with the outcome. If you decide to do it, let us know how it goes.

ya 98srx I saw that. Couple people mounted up Firecat Skids. Like the idea just not positive on the 13.5" wide track in powder. What's the difference from a 15" to a 13.5". I like how the Pro X skid runs a 15" track. Jon

i believe you can still run the 15" tracks with the firecat suspension, but don't quote me on that.

yamaholic22 said:
i believe you can still run the 15" tracks with the firecat suspension, but don't quote me on that.

I think it would take alot of fab work to get a 15" track in there right.

so you think that everyone who puts in a firecat suspension also puts in a 13.5 inch track, and makes the changes to the driver locations and everything?

Not everybody, but i think that MOST people that use firecat skids use a tunnel extension, and a 13.5" wide track. I dont know what your talking about in reference to driver locations.

98srx6 said:
Not everybody, but i think that MOST people that use firecat skids use a tunnel extension, and a 13.5" wide track. I dont know what your talking about in reference to driver locations.

What he is saying is that if you put a FCat skid in a Yamaha, You can run a 15" track still. I am going to guess that the spacing on the rails of an Fcat skid are still copatible with a 15" track.

The drives on your drive/cog shaft have to be pushed closer together to run a 13.5" track.. But then that would make what I posted above wrong too. so who knows..

yea i'm not sure about the exact dimensions, i guess i probably just shouldn't have said anything. Ask monker about it though, i'm sure he can put you in the right direction as he has already done this.

Back