DIY Modded Viper seat

YamahaXtreme

Website
www.freewebs.com

id chop a few inches from the middle if i were to do it like that so it doesnt look like a sofa going all they way to end of tunnel.

I'd like to do a combination of both a seat riser along with adding a few inches of foam to make the seat a flattop. I've seen a beautiful riser done by someone on TY in the past.. Having trouble finding the post

ffca35fe8b0c97e711e49adff3ea5a91.jpg

This was my attempt at a modified seat.
a0e507093b984c9ca1325574158796f1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is that off of rz500

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

It is a stock viper seat that was significantly reworked and recovered. We were able to reuse the blue vinyl and plastic frame. Everything else is new.

The seat is one of the best mods I've ever made. The riding position is dramatically improved. The extra height and thickness of the foam also feels like the sled has more suspension travel too. No there is not a tunnel extension. (Yet). Just the shorter seat creating that illusion. I will be converting it to a 144" in the near future. I would highly recommend a
Modified seat or a boss seat over the riser. The riser doesn't give that much additional height and puts the seat at an angle towards the tank. I have a boss seat on my Srx. It is slightly taller than the seat I made. I prefer the additional height but find the boss to be much stiffer and not as well made as my attempt. If I were to build another I would duplicate the height.

Back