blue/white wire for heated shield?

srxr700

Lifetime VIP Member
I have two 2004 vipers. Are there any issues with grabbing power for heated visor from the blue and white wire on the headlight dimming switch?

Ok thanks just wanted to double check. I had one dash go out last night...guessing it's at rubbing harness.

Hi there, Just wondering how You made out grabbing power for heated visor off the headlight hi / low beam switch ? I just posted a question under SRX / Viper section of the forum about the same issue. I spliced into the blue / white wire at the dim switch with the red wire of the plug ( positive to positive ) and then went negative to negative..... No Luck. Perhaps I need to gound out the black wire from the visor plug to a grounding bolt to be successful and not into the negative wire of the dim switch to be successful ?

If You can fire me the set up that worked for You I'd really appreciate the advice !

Cheers man, Thanx

The blue / white wire is fine for accessory power. It is only activated when the main control relay kicks in. There is a delay after starting (secs) before this relay kicks in. This is where Yamaha recommends getting power for accessories (up to 30W).

The hi beam switch does not have a negative wire. You will need to take your negative wire to a chassis ground. There is one on both sides of the steering gate, or you can add a new one.

Hey Ding, Thanx for the direction, in the morning I'll try splicing in the red wire from visor plug to blue/white and attaching the visor plug in negative to a ground bolt and let You know how I make out.... Thanx again, the advice given from all of You on this site is invaluable !

Back