Haven't been on in while, but bought another SRX.

goody_700

Purchased a 2000 SRX about 2 hrs ago, I gave mechanicals a good look over, skid, skis, bogie wheels, suspension, engine bay..etc.. Has almost new track, and everything seemed as it should be for 6100 miles, nothing loose, no slop in steering, bearings, motor mounts, clutches, rollers, shocks felt fine. Bad things are, seat is in need of replacing and temp light flashes 3 times over and over again. Did a quick search and seem to think it is faulty temp sender/bad connection. Am I right in that? Any help appreciated.
I did take it for a spin in their back field for 5-10 mins, drove fine, tracked straight, no rattles, clunks, felt great and it goes like a raped ape compared to my vmax 700...lol makes that feel SLLOOWW...noticed rpms were right about 84-8500 in loose snow, i think that is close too. Plus is, got it for $900.;)!
Any help on the temp light code is helpful if I'm on wrong track.
Thanks.
Also, guy had it serviced, PVs cleaned, carbs cleaned recently...why i gave it good shakedown...

Last edited:

Sounds like the sensor. Wiggle the wires a little to see if maybe a bad connection.
My 97 does the same thing and I just wiggle the wires and it quits flashing.

depends if its all the same length of the blinks, will show 3 blinks but can be different codes depending on duration of blink but 2 things to check especially if you have been under the hood working on it. The plug for the tps on the carb rack, make sure its plugged in to the carbs and its also plugged in by coil rack. the water temp sensor in on the bottom of the water rail on mag side, make sure the connector is plugged in there.

report back

OK, thanks guys. I tooka closer look at blinks last night. It is 2 flashes of about .75 second followed by quick flash of about .25 second. Over and over again. Did some research, MrViper on right track. Sounds like TPS sensor issue/connection for that code. Will check after work today see what I find.
Thanks guys.

Back