Mountain max WOT bog

Kodman

I have a 2001 yamaha mountain max 700 and I have done a Tom of stuff to it, it has a new exhaust gaskets, a new ignition system, new lowered gears on the chain case, cleaned the carbs, new fuel filter, and rebuilt the primary clutch, and I dropped my main jets to 142.5, and my low to mid is absolutely fenominal, but once I get to 3/4 throttle to wot it starts to bog out on me, anyone experienced this or know what's going on? Can you adjust the timing on these sleds?

You may be leaning out at wot or your clutching is overshifting the power curve of the engine. Different needle setting, bigger main jets, or play with the secondary pre-load or helix.

I have a 45* helix for the cost of shipping($6) if you'd like. I also have a 41* but that's not going the right way for a fix.
Is your red Spring OE or new?
Have you preformed a plug chop up where it's wallowing?

Last edited:
My 01 MM really liked the 43 helix if your running at any altitude. I run multi angles on all my sleds now and off the top of my head I think that sled has a 49/42. It does have bender triples on it though.

my secondary is completly stock, i put a different spring and weightd in the primary, and when i flipped the choke it was instant bog out

Back