4 stroke clutching

snoprokidf6

I know this isn't the right forum, but I feel as though there are more knowledgeable tuners on two stroke side than the 4 stoke side so here goes.

Running the original heelclicker weights as per heelclicker's guidelines.
I am running 2 extra washers in the center and 2 extra washers in the heel to bring the engagement down.
I wrapped the secondary at 6-3. Ten degrees tighter than their recommendations, to bring my rpms up a fuzz. It gets out of the hole around 10,900-11,000 depending on temp and snow. Then pulls pretty good, ands sometimes the sled settles back down to 10,500-10,600. Now it only does this sometimes. It feels like the sled falls on its face. But for trail riding I love the set up. Wick back shifting of you're cruising then stab the throttle, almost instant. And my clutches are cool to the touch, even after aggressive trail riding.

Question is, why is it settling back down to 10,500-10,600? And why only sometimes?
Sled has a 136 cobra. Geared 1 tooth down on to and 1 tooth up on the bottom.

sounds like my clutch set-up for my apex xtx.

51/40 dalton helix with pink spring for secondary wrapped to 6-1.

primary i have drag n flys with their reccomended spring with 5 grams in the heel and 3 grams in the tip. engaging at stock rpm and peaks out at 10800 rpm.

hits hard out of the hole like yours is and pulls good enough on top for me. did it that way because i was tired of blowing a belt every time i went tree picking with it and the stock slowest speed was too fast.

when you have no traction i am hearing the rev limiter in your vid. these sleds usually make their best hp around 10400-10800rpm. revlimiter kicks in at 11000-11200rpm usually.

Back