Picked up an 03 viper!!!

Srx007

Hey, doing some homework for my father in law. He just picked an 03 viper ER w/trailer for a pretty decent price. Has a heel clicker kit in it and what a snappy thing has Absolutley No problem revving out which makes me believe the owner did have a new crank, pistons and seals installed in it. Compression seemed good, all I could do at the time was pull it over after it was ridden for about a half hour. I took it for a short ride and I think it ended up reaching almost 9 000 rpm. That is a little high right. I don't know vipers very well and am wondering what rpms would we be looking for on a Stock Viper. Rode with the previous owner for an hour of which he was more than willing to have his last ride and reported back that all he could get was 163 km/hr seems about right since the guy is about 300 lbs with stock gearing. I was thinking of persuading my father-in-law to loose the 22 upper and go with a 23 upper gear. It does have heel click weights, don't know how they are loaded, red primary and believe it has a Bender Red-Yellow secondary spring. Noting the owner said it was a bender kit. So is going with a 23 upper ok? He does want to go a little faster :-)

What do you guys think?? :yam::rockon:

Yes stock pipe but a bender can with the air box replaced with uni filters. I Will be able to tear into it farther during the off months.

OK great thx Mr viper. Wolud you happen to know where would I be able to buy wights for a heel clicker, other than bender would you? Oh and I think I read that something about needles have to be pulled up a bit cuz the midsection is lean?

Great Thanks. This site is great. Without it I don't think I would have had kept my SRX and had it running so well also. Big shout out to the founders and sled heads found EXCLUSIVELY @ Totally Yamaha.

Back