Viper cdi on SRX

only run it down the drag strip and check your jetting often. I believe it is 8 deg more from memory, do a search. It makes a cheap race box. You will lose all temperature sensing for the warning light.

I guarantee maybe, almost always. I have no idea how far off or on your jetting will be, all I know is you will be very lean all things being equal. that said, you can run a little lean for that distance and not burn up. Thus the, check your jetting comment. buy a bendalite or bore scope and check piston wash. It is the most accurate way to tell what is going on.

for snow drags there will be zero gain from this, theres not enough traction to show maybe 2hp if that.... more timing simply puts more heat into the piston, so youll arrive at the detonation point much much quicker. more then likely it will be lower on rpm as well.

youll gain much more from working on the suspension and gearing to get the best traction, you actually gear up for snow so it doesn't spin the track so easily..

We run 21/40 gears, 40-10 HC with red spring 5.6 in tip and 3.1 in shoulder. 51/37 helix green wrapped at 70. WOT at 6800 rpm. Any other ideas?

that's a lot more gear then I would use for snow drags, ice drags youd be good with that gearing but that's not the same as snow, you have half the traction, so gearing up you will actually go faster because youll spin the track less and get better traction. The more the sled is geared down the easier it spins the track in snow because your multiplying the torq output by the gear reduction in the chaincase, so taller gears spins less in snow.
Its all about suspension set up for snow you want it to transfer and plant the track as much as possible touching th ground, the more paddles of the track in the snow the faster it will cover ground. so youll let out the front limiter straps, have the fra on soft and then shim the bottom of the transfer rods to get it all sitting flat. sometime it takes some turning of the front shocks to get the track as even as possible from the drivers to the rear.

take a pic of the sled sitting on concrete from the side, want to see how the tracks sitting on it.

I know this set up works as I have won snow drags quite easily with a srx, I had a 136 track, 1.5 lug, used tall gears and left with motor at 8100rpm, it barely hit 8600rpm at the finish, its "quicker" this way in a drag race, not "faster"... quicker is what wins drags, faster wins lake races and radar runs.
the sled simply rolls forward and puts power down to the snow instead of throwing sno cones out the back for 60-75feet.

I understand the quicker bit. We're definitely quicker with those gears. Not much spin, suspension is pretty much set for the circuit we run in. We have a 1.75 back country on ours.

Back