SRX vs Viper best friends grudge match

hessracing

Hey Guys, my buddy has a 02 viper 700 with slp pipes, picks, and a clutch kit in the primary. I don't know what kind of clutching is done exactly to stock secondary. We dragged them this weekend mines a 00 srx 700 mbrp can hauck type x helix cant remember what my wrap, stock primary, nothing else is done to it. I don't have picks in mine I know hes going to get a jump regardless because of that he pulled me hard off the line for quite a ways i did end up beating him once we got up around 70 i passed him are the 2 machines that comparable I was hoping to kill his from start to finish

1.1.jpg

Last edited:

He actually should kill you. Somethings not right with his setup. Unless you're running a really long distance, then the srx may be able to squeak out a few more mph but he should have close to 10 hp on you. Probably more with that mbrp can on yours

Last edited:
all in the set up, put on your stock exhaust can, theres a couple hp back right off the get go, then detail out the clutch set up on yours. You need to spice up the set up as he already has more hp then you do just simply because of the pipes, he has close to 150hp, you have 140hp, so you have to be set up better then him to regain ground right off the bat.

pick your race carefully as without studs your not gonna holeshot him on hardpack or ice for sure, with a spicier clutch set up the spin will get worse There is some basic suspension set ups that will help such as front limiter settings,transfer rods and track tension, a tighter track is faster then a loose one, especially up top, as it will balloon out and rub the tunnel protectors scrubbing off speed..

He actually should kill you. Somethings not right with his setup. Unless you're running a really long distance, then the srx may be able to squeak out a few more mph but he should have close to 10 hp on you. Probably more with that mbrp can on yours

exactly, if the piped viper is well set up its a srx stomper from start to finish, but maybe that's a good thing its not tuned in for this guy...lol

till the viper guy gets on here to tune it in....lol

exactly, if the piped viper is well set up its a srx stomper from start to finish, but maybe that's a good thing its not tuned in for this guy...lol

till the viper guy gets on here to tune it in....lol
Haha Thems fight'n words. I love it

Sent from my E6560C using Tapatalk

Set up, set up, set up! My ported srx humiliates my buddies piped viper....he has heel clickees, but doesn't know a thing about clutching.

Right on, Tony and Don, setup is everything.

TNC once you've ported the SRX advantage swings back to srx. Now port the piped viper, pendulum swings again......you get the picture.
Someone always has more hp, just try to put more of what you got to the ground than the other guy

My buddies piped viper shifts at 8000....between this and a crappy track, it's quite the turd. Even a stock sx viper out runs him. All the power in the world is useless without setup. I would help him dial it in, but he doesn't care much about going fast, so it's going to stay slow.

wow! I think Todd my buddy with the viper needs to do some tuning then! he pulled about 2 sled lengths on me until around 70 but I caught him and passed him up and pulled away then. I did some reading when we were putting the pipes on his viper and slp's set up recommends stock clutching in the primary. I wonder if that is why I passed him up? I know another factor here is my sled has 4000 miles on it and his has like 10,000 so the viper is a little more tired than the srx. Its all in good fun! any good tips on getting the rear suspension set up better how do you know where to set it?

Last edited:
Stock clutching is crap with those pipes in the vipe...my 2 cents

Sent from my E6560C using Tapatalk

Back