Building primary clutch for 98 srx

jldbigblock

Alright I know there is a bunch of primary clutch setups, I have heel clicker setups that need to be put together but need the thicker nylon washers to mount weights into the clutch, would need 2 complete sets for each of my srx sleds. For now just wanted to use what I have available to mess around with till I get heel clickers ready. I have 8dn10 , 8dn20 and 8ca01 weights laying here. The 8dn20 weighs total 51.3 g and the other 2 weigh 44.1g total weight. I have pink pink pink, yellow white yellow, and an unknown black spring. I have 14.5 and 15.6 rollers.

The sled this currently going in is a 98 srx with 700 bender trail ported cylinders 141x2 track ekholm tunnel rolled chain case ,9 tooth anti rachet drivers, I can't remember gearing but is geared low, secondary is stock for now,

Secondary Springs I have are a bluish green, and 2 reds. 1 red has a longer stripe then the other guessing they are identical, all stock helix from 98 99 and 2000 srx

Any help would be great, no snow to go test on right now but wanted to get the beast running just getting motor back together thanks in advance

The 8DN-20s would probably be your best shot til you get the clickers set up.I have 20's on my '01 SRX and it works very well,plus your dealing with oem parts so it's easier to get,usually,but my setup is for a 121" sled and where yours is a 141" it may require a different helix.The clickers are said to be more efficient at transferring power to the track but I can't confirm that even though I have them on my '98,I've never done a side by side comparison so to speak with another clutch setup.

Both clutch setups are in my sig so if your looking for what to buy that will give you an idea.

8DN20 you can always pull weight out if you don't get the R's........

Got the sled out and running for 1st time riding it, 50 degree weather and just enough snow along a tree row to test out. It ran great, wasn't able to do any real testing but got up to 60 before having to turn around, handled the drifts great, could definitely tell the difference between my 121 sled and 141 with the rolled chain case. Didn't realize how doggy my 121 was, guess I have some tuning to do on both sleds when more snow comes

Back