Stator or electrical problem?

rockwatersrx

I've run into a problem and not sure what's up, maybe someone can help rule out one or the other, stator or electrical.
Sled is 2002 srx 700 and problem is this.
Everything seems fine sled running top notch and then lights suddenly go dim and I lose dash lights and the sled still runs but has lost all jam and sputters when I get on the gas.
All this happened in a flash without warning of something being wrong.
Sleds still runs and idles perfect but but dim lights and sputters when on the throttle.
I had to get home so I kept ridding it and lights came back on full brightness and sled came back to life as though nothing was wrong, but this problem came back about 5 times before I got home.
So my questions is, does a stator come and go like that or should I be searching for a bad wire. I hope not because I hate searching for electrical problems.
Maybe someone can help with this problem maybe one of use have had the exact same thing happen.
Thanks guys

Thanks guys I'll check for broken wire and I guess I'll rule out stator for now..
Sled was running awsome and don't want to miss a beat!!

Hey guys, I'm having the same problem on my 2002 SRX. I've been through almost the entire wire harness and checked every plug hoping to find a poor connection or broken wire with no luck. What would be the next step? Could this issue be coil related or stator?

Back