SRX Track Tension/Alignment

1_Quick_SRX700

Hey all. Hopefully this will be my last question. On my 98 SRX, I did the top end....rings, base gasket, bearings etc. To replace the speedo bearing, I took off the track, skid etc. All back together, all good. Only thing left is the track alignment. It's off, and I'm a little confused on procedure to align it. The service manual is showing to loosen the axle and turn the 2 rear adjustment screws inside the track window to adjust tension...make sure they are both the same number of turns. That part I get.

The part I'm not quite understanding is it looks like those same adjustment screws adjust the alignment also? If this is indeed the case, what is the proper way to adjust? I'm thinking, loosen axle, and adjust the 2 screws to get correct tension. Then tighten axle bolt and turn the screws to adjust the alignment?

Is this how to do it, or am I completely out in left field?

Thanks for any advise guys!

You are adjusting the alignment and tension at the same time. Make sure you keep your axle nut loose while adjusting. When you dropped your track did you count your number of turns on the back 2 adjuster bolts? If not not that big of a deal, just helps when realigning the track. When you get your tension on your track set ( make sure your turning both nuts the same number of turns ) spin the track slowly. You can put on a stand or how ever you have it lifted and start the sled. Just enough to engage the belt and spin the track. Check alignment and adjust from there. Make sure your track is not to tight.

Ok. Cool. Now I got it :) of course, I didn't count the turns....but the axle left a small mark on each side where it used to be, so at least it will give me an idea of how much and then fine tune it.

Thanks again for the info!

Back