Bergstrom skegs; darting.

thetorches

I put Bergstrom skegs on my 02 Viper a start of season. I put about 500 miles on them and they worked great, darting disappeared. I went for a ride yesterday and within the first 100 feet i could feel them darting all over the place. Lifted sled up today and looked at carbides and they look alright. The ski savers are worn down some at the front. Any idea what would make it start darting all of a sudden. It's scary, going 40-60 mph and it will be jumping sideways over a foot each way. Have to slow right down when traffic is coming the other way. Afraid it might just jump to other side of trail. Thanks for any ingo.

Right off the top of my head I'd say check your toe out of the skis,you could've hit something however lightly and thrown out your alignment.
Thanks. I did hit a rock on the shoreline up in Muskoka two rides ago, but i was out last week and rode 230 km' and had no problems.

Look at the write-ups skidooboy and betheviper did on aligning skis. Oldies but goodies. I found that the forward bias of the stock contact point (makes them easy to steer) is very prone to darting. All of my ProAction fronts have the rear of the spindle shimmed as shaggyzr2 suggested above. Have a look at the Tech Pages.

Look at the write-ups skidooboy and betheviper did on aligning skis. Oldies but goodies. I found that the forward bias of the stock contact point (makes them easy to steer) is very prone to darting. All of my ProAction fronts have the rear of the spindle shimmed as shaggyzr2 suggested above. Have a look at the Tech Pages.
Thanks. I did put the shims in when i installed the carbides. I just don't know why they were working so good and then all of a sudden they were darting all over the place. I think i will call Scott and see if he has any ideas.

SLP SLT keel plate 5" carbide ,,,, no darting ,,,,,, on rails.............

Have five sleds setup with them,,,,,,,,,,,, go whe
re you want,,,,, sleds without are all over the trail...............

My 97 sx was all over the trail when I first bought it, all it took was the shims under the spindles, they make a big difference!

Back