stock airbox vs. single air pods???

yes, it will change jetting. I would guess from what your doing, your jetting is going to change anyway. only thing to keep in mind is if one carb gets wind where the other doesn't. Like if you run no air divider between your clutch and the carbs. Its a minor detail but just keep in mind. Also, water injestion with filters is an issue to consider.

The carbs are vented to the airbox, which changes pressure at the float bowl. Do a search on vented to atmosphere it has been discussed many times. If you decide on pods I have 3 off my viper k&n I would be willing to let go.

The carbs are vented to the airbox, which changes pressure at the float bowl. Do a search on vented to atmosphere it has been discussed many times. If you decide on pods I have 3 off my viper k&n I would be willing to let go.

Thanks,,I didn't even know the carbs were vented to the air box,,did not see anything that I would hook vent tubes too,,,I really don't want the airbox due to space,,,i will search the atmosphere venting,,and how much do you want for the pods,,Thanks Again

Looking at the parts microfiche I dont see vents to the airbox I spoke to soon. So if you dont have any vents going to the airbox you dont have that issue. Just have to figure out what the difference is between pods and airbox. And as Betheviper states watch for air hitting one differently than the other.

Wow, No one slamming u for wanting pods as they did me? I took off the airboxes on both of my sleds. They run great. U may need to go one size bigger on ur jetting. Ppl seem to think that they're tuned and this and that And smoke ur top end and and and... bs. Its all for noise reduction. I even talked to a local reputable shop and they agreed with me.

Wow, No one slamming u for wanting pods as they did me? I took off the airboxes on both of my sleds. They run great. U may need to go one size bigger on ur jetting. Ppl seem to think that they're tuned and this and that And smoke ur top end and and and... bs. Its all for noise reduction. I even talked to a local reputable shop and they agreed with me.

The problem I had with the pods was snow dust making it rich, I have heard something or other about air pressure at speed. He is running these on a go-cart though much different.

yes going to air filters will change jetting. your going to be jetting for warmer temps anyway. You may want to make some sort of box anyway to keep debree from getting directly on the filters. If you use oil on them they will build up with dirt fast if out in the open.

Back