Putting together parts for a srx 780. Need help finding a ski doo head gasket.

drew24

I need the inner o ring head gasket from a ski doo 9500 for my 780. I have found gasket kits for them but I would have to buy 2 kits just to get three o rings. Anyone know where I could find them individually. All the doo parts websites only go back to 1996. I haven't called a dealership yet.

drew, are you using a special head ? my 780 uses stk o-rings. 3:16x (yammie tony)
I talked to aaen and he told me they welded the o ring groove and machined it so it wasn't as close to the edge. I measured it and it was a little bigger than stock. A stock o ring will not fit. It is slightly too small.

Does anyone know what material the o ring is on stock srx? The aftermarket o rings are black so I am guessing they are a different material. I found these that will fit but don't know if they are the same as the aftermarket and if they will hold up. http://www.mcmaster.com/#9262k713/=11kb0uo

Last edited:
Ok. Thanks guys. Not sure which way I am going to go yet. Might just buy the gasket kits if I can't find them individually. Better safe than sorry. It would cost a lot more than the 2 gasket kits to have a cylinder made if something happened. I have a stock oring over something a little bigger now to see if I can get it to stretch just a bit. Doesn't need much as it is close right now.

might want to try some of the industrial engine re-builders as they might have one that works for a desil liner if it does not work.

I ordered the ski doo top end gasket kit. I just got one kit for now till I confirm it is the right o ring.

stk o rings fit like a glove on my 780. don,t know. i guess it all depends on kit. 3:16x (yammie tony)

Yes, aaen told me that is how I would be able to confirm it was his kit so I think he is the only one that did that. Not a big deal. Just glad I caught it before I put it together.

Ski-doo part # 420831792 is the right o-ring for the head gasket on the aaen 780 srx kit. Just in case anyone ever has the same kit and needs the head gaskets maybe they will find this.

Back