Electrical Problem

ALLFUN112

Odd situation here,,,Tried to fire up this project motor today ,,and I have spark issues,,With the plugs out and grounded ,i turn over the motor with the electric start and No spark until I let off the key from start position to just run position,,and it is only a brief spark on #2,, nothing on 1 or 3..
I tried having the key in the run position,,and use the pull start,,same outcome!!

I did go with a 04 Viper Mountain wire harness,,so I could have the electronic speedo and stuff,,,Wondering if this might not be compatiable with the 02 MM700 stator or something?????

Everything plugged together fine,,,any thoughts on this would be Great,Thanks

Also have tried another rack of coils,,Same outcome

Just for info,,I have a 8EN-82590-00-00 wire harness and a 8FE-00 CDI Box,,,original stator in motor

Last edited:

Check the key switch to confirm it is working. Unplug it and there are 2 of the wires you have to hook together to get it to run. Can't remember which 2. Also not sure how the viper cdi will work with the redhead motor. I would think the ignition timing would be different. Not sure if no powervalves would make a difference or not either. The stator should be the same with the 02 but you can check the flywheel and if it has 3 longer and 1 short magnet it is the 300w stator which is what the viper would have had. The srx/viper stators are different but I don't think the output is any different. Maybe someone else can confirm this.

Thanks Guys,,,for the info

I think the best plan will be to get a Mountain Max harness and cdi,,,install that and see where I am

Last edited:

Back