Viper fuel line size ?

Vector88

Wondering if anyone knows what size the fuel lines are from the fuel pump to carbs. I want to put new fuel lines on the viper . Thanks

I think the inside would be 5mm. I'm not positive on this so you might want to search through the threads or wait till some other members chime in.

Should be 5.5 mm id. If your going to take the time and effort to replace the oem lines, go with oem new. you will be ahead in the long run. You can buy the individual lines that are a bit more spendy. I once had an oem yamaha part number for a 6' or so piece that was much cheaper, but I cant seem to find the part number at hand.

Since I am no longer associated with the local dealership due to an ownership change, I no longer have access to hard to find part numbers. Honda used the same size lines to feed the carbs so there is an avenue as well.

If you can't find or get the oem hose you can get away with 3/16" fuel line.1/4" is too big and will not clamp tight enough,trust me I know.I lost the best part of about 1/2 to 3/4 of a tank of gas being pumped out past a poor fitting hose on a couple carbs.The 3/16 hose will have to be worked onto the hose barb on the carbs because it wont slide on as easily as the oem size stuff.

I would only use OEM or an exact equivalent in Tygon. The risk and headache of anything else is not worth the trouble or expense.

Never owned a Viper or any other triple but if they use the same line between pumps and carbs as almost all previous Yamaha's order this part #91A20-05145-00. It is the fuel level hose for an Exciter II. It is the same type of line as used between the fuel pumps and carbs on all Yamaha's from the late 70's on up and is long enough to do the carbs on a Vmax-4 twice.

If you don't use the correct stuff you WILL regret it later. Guaranteed.

opsled

Back