Track width question for 99' Venture 500

Can I do that mod to a VT 500 too? Is it the upper or lower ones on the cage that need to be notched?

Just the top/upper reed stoppers need the notch.
SRX/Viper cages will work in yours too. They fit in any of our 97 and up twins and are a MUCH better option than V-Farce. For maximum bang for you buck, get two SRX/Viper cages,install SRX/Viper Carbontech reeds and install the stainless notched stops. Of course you can use the stock OEM reeds that will probably be on the used SRX/Viper cages you purchase. The stops are universal to our 97 and up two strokes.
Just a guess here .... but the SRX/Viper reeds have probably 7-10% more surface area. Again, that was an educated guess. But they really make a difference.
http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/yamaha/YP-8DJ-13616-00-00.html

Last edited:
Yeah I got the stainless ones, they are just not installed on the sled yet. I probably need to rejet then? Do you have a thinner headgasket on your 600?

did this mod to my sxr500 and it did make a difference on the trail but for me it made it start easyer.

(A Couple Of Bucks) do you still have this i might put a set in a venture 700 (redhead)?

Last edited:
Ok thanks will maybe try on my own, is there much noticeable difference than using reed spacers?

Back