Best front shocks to replace olhins on sled now?

I put an M20 air ride suspension under the sled last season and I found that the front just couldn't keep up with the new rear.

I will be extending the front spindle arms to add more height and possibly add weight to the front so I can steer! I'll also be replacing the skis/carbides to bite more so I don't drift in the corners.

I found the shocks just didn't handle the heavy washboard well and I was all over the place steering wise!
Is there a better shock out there?

Any other ideas to make this thing ride better?

It sounds to me like you may need to spend some time setting up your new skid to get a better ride... Last thing you want to do is add weight lol. (Start by taking in the limiter strap/stiffening the rear shock) It sounds like you've got a couple different problems you're trying to solve..as far as the front shocks go... Those Ohlins are a very high end shock that will be tough to beat. Having said that, have they been serviced recently? If they are fresh they should be able to handle washboard. If they are the stock srx length ohlins they aren't considered "long travel" Are you wanting to add more travel up front? You could go with the viper trailing arms and spindles, try and find some viper "s" length ohlins... Or fox floats would be a good option, hygear or carver performance or any other shock service outfit could dial some shocks In for you as well.

X2. Good tips above, start with the rear. I think Carver makes extensions for those ohlin to get you another inch of height. Plus if they have not been serviced they are well overdue. Carver did a nice job on mine and you will be hard pressed to find a better shock then ohlin for the proactions.

X2. Good tips above, start with the rear. I think Carver makes extensions for those ohlin to get you another inch of height. Plus if they have not been serviced they are well overdue. Carver did a nice job on mine and you will be hard pressed to find a better shock then ohlin for the proactions.

Ok great!
I didn't mean physically adding weight, it was more of a transfer of weight. Right now the sled has so little ski pressure that the slightest throttle pressure gets this to zero!
I have acquired viper spindles and I'm in the process of welding/adding to the trailing arm bottoms, so I have more height. I was told I could reverse a bracket and get even more? what about some kind of trailing arm kit?

Thanks

Saw a sled last winter with an aftermarket plate bolted to the arm that changed the position of the rods? It made the sled about 2" higher.

hmm. Must have been home made, as I've never seen or heard of anything like that. Best way to get pressure back to the front is get rid of all the preload in center shock, more on rear shock. Then get some more preload on front. The added height will help but your having some serious geometry issues from what I can tell.

Ok great!
I didn't mean physically adding weight, it was more of a transfer of weight. Right now the sled has so little ski pressure that the slightest throttle pressure gets this to zero!
I have acquired viper spindles and I'm in the process of welding/adding to the trailing arm bottoms, so I have more height. I was told I could reverse a bracket and get even more? what about some kind of trailing arm kit?

Thanks
I'm thinking it'd be way easier to get yourself a set of Viper trailing arms and radius rods for this project,unless your doing the welding and fab work yourself.As far as the bracket flip for height on the front that's pretty easy to do.Take your upper shock mount brackets off,label them which side they come off of originally,flip the upside down and bolt them on the opposite side.The only thing(s) you need to do is add a washer under the lower bolt between the bracket and the frame and possibly grind a little bit off the rolled edge of the bracket so the shock doesn't hit it.You should be able to see what I mean once you hold one up onto place with the shock.This I'm told will add roughly and inch or so of height and will certainly help with your weight distribution issues your experiencing now.

Back