121 f7 skid into mm700

nelsonhouse

New project for me this summer. Getting ready to Go the mountains in bc. I purchased a 121 f7 skid for cheap. I want to install it into my 1998 mm700. I plan on purchasing a 151 inch track. Is it better to buy rail extensions or buy new rails for the f7 skid. The f7 skid weighs 60 lbs and is there a way to make it lighter. its from a 2006 f7. Not sure what the mm700 skid weighs. I have installed an xtra10 suspension in my vmax 700 before. And it worked out very good.

well a F-7 skid is a 128'' track plus you will have to widen the front arm and upper rear arm to the right width

It would be hard to do better than a 151" pro action suspension from an RX-1 mountain. Properly extending a suspension more than 7.5" should be done by increasing the distance between the suspension arms, not behind the rear arm.

i found a 144 summit skid. it came from a summit x 700. i bought it from a friend of mine
i could not find a lower priced RX-1 mountain skid. the summit skid weighs 60 lbs with all the wheels in there.
i was thinking of removing a couple to save some weight for the BC mountain trip i have coming up. and reinstall them when i get back.
i'll be installing my anti stabs in the skid and some ice scratchers.

now i need a track. what do you guys recommend?

Hi ty

What are the suspension mounting points for the summit skid. 144 summit skid
Do i mount it farther back to get a 155 track to fit.
I bought a 15x155x2.125 competition track from a polaris sled.
I will be changing the drivers to 7 tooth, 2.86 pitch.
It's what i have to work with.

your going to need the dimensions from the donor sled. drive axle to front mounting point then gap between mounting points and the drop in the tunnel. to put a different length track in it you'll have to figure out the length difference then come up with your own measurements for the new holes.

Back