Remove slides for grass drags?

I never run hyfax on the grass, they will heat up around the 300' mark, begin to melt, and create excessive drag. Sometimes so bad your sled will suddenly stop. Bars hurt at high speeds. Dont ask me how I know.

If your using your winter driver for summer entertainment and your worried about wear and tear, you have some options. There is a product available that electricians use for pulling wire. I have several "pet names"(that I probably shouldnt post up) for the stuff but no direct label names. It works very well for lubrication if you wash your skid after a pass or two. Dawn dish soap mixed with water at about 80/20 is a cheap alternative sprayed into the skid with a weed sprayer. Still collect dust and debris, but you can get a few more passes.

When it comes down to friction, there really is no substitute for removing your sliders as well as the carbides on the skis. Friction loss is free horsepower!

no hyfax. their for snowmobiling not grass racing. they will melt. now, if you remove them you must add wheels. 3:16x (yammie tony)

Back