is this the stamp for srx crank update

slx12001

I picked up a 1998 srx 600. The previous owner was a girl and she did not know if the crank was updated. I pulled the primary clutch and these markings were on the case. Is this the marking for the update? Thanks for any help.

20160906_155507_resized.jpg

Welcome to Totally Yamaha.
I have never seen reference to those markings on the cases. What you can do is call your local Yami dealer and ask them to check the dealer network. Have your serial number ready. If updated the network should have that data.

Nope. Stamp would have been a punch mark above the third digit on the vin if I recall correctly.

Those look more like someone who did some porting may have engraved those marks.

Thanks for the replies, I tried calling a couple yamaha dealers and yamaha america with a 1 800 number that was given to me. No record of the vin or any service. There is no stamps or marks on the vin on the tunnel. I was told that after 10 years all info is lost. Anywhere else to look for marks?

I should have been more specific. Not on the tunnel, but on the engine case itself. On the recoil side rear portion of the lower case you will find the engine vin. That is where the punch mark may or may not be.

As you found out, Yamaha no longer keeps those records on hand, but, if you happen across the dealer that sold the sled and perhaps did the warranty work, they may still have the info on hand unless they have changed ownership since.

Your looking for the proverbial needle in the haystack unless the girlyou bought from was the original owner, then that will narrow the search a bit.

hard to read what that says. i do know alot of performance shops that case ported might of scratched something like that. i guess only way to really tell is pull lower end apart. 3:16x (yammie tony)

those are the scribings for the case halfs, all of the engines have that its because they are a matched pair the upper and bottom and lined honed to have the right amount of case crush for the bearings. Thjis is why you should not use a different upper and lower case unless you check the trueness and diameter of the case halfs assembly.

Back