Silver Paint for Trailing Arms

Cyrus

My new to me Viper is in pretty decent shape. 3000 miles and does not appear abused, everything looks straight. That being said it looks like it spent a lot of time being trailered and saw a lot of salt with no clean up afterwards. Even on the engine there is signs of salt oxidization. The trailing arms seem to be the biggest issue as the paint is wore right off in parts. So question, anyone know the paint code for the silver paint on the trailing arms. Would like to clean them up and paint them? Anyone recommend a good cleaner for the engine? I now have 2 Vipers in the fleet! Might be room for an SRX too....

We use galaxy silver metallic. It's a GM color. Really close to factory. Maybe a shade brighter. You can get the spray cans in dupli-color at advanced auto.

Dupli-Color - manufacture
blue - HA 00980 Electron Blue Pearl B95-P Honda
silver - 77-00974 Starlight Silver (M) Clear coat 2001

Starlight silver is a great match. Just picked some up at Advanced auto. they have spray and a touch up pen. it is a Honda color

Ive rattle canned a bunch of trailing arms over the years and they hold up pretty well. I always used color of choice and used automotive rattle can paint, then the gloss overcoat. First a good cleaning with a degreaser and good primer. The results are all in the prep.

yep finally found some at Canadian Tire. Otherwise it was $75 a can to my door from Amazon USA.

Try POR-15. I have used this stuff on other projects and its (almost) as tough as powder coating. I'm just hoping the color is close.

Last edited:

Back