Intermittent Power Valves

383stroker

Hi guys having and issue with power valves on one of our tar sled. Its and 01 srx. At the end of this year we were find it was very inconsistent then it would slow way done. Found the PV motor would some times unwind the cable. So we would reset the cable and it would work fine for a pass or two and then it would start doing it again. Checked the PV adjustment and it seems to be fine. We swapped CDI and PV motor from our there sled and it still did the same thing. Checked the stator it ohm fine. Thinking a wire rubbing issue going to pull the motor this winter and check. Is there anything else that I should be checking?

Thanks again

If I understand it properly it sounds like you have a sticky valve or a sticky cable and it wont pull the cable back letting the cable come off the servo wheel after the valve has opened.

you seeing anything else besides the power valves not working correctly ? the rub through is a pain in the *** and can cause havoc. i will add those powervalve cables have a certain way they have to be set and parked. also each cable has its own notch in cervo. sure you saw this. 3:16x (yammie tony)

The PV cables are new. The cable are in the same spot as the other sleds. It's seems to be running fine no other issues other than the PV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a question for the group. I have seen where the servo, power valves and cables are completely removed and covered with a plate. Drag racers never lift and don't need power valves. Any thoughts on this?

I tried it on my sled and it didn't seem to want to 60ft as fast as with them working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mac me too. i seen them blocked right off, also rigged to be open and the powervalve short,in. tricks tricks. 3:16x (yammie tony)

Hi guys having and issue with power valves on one of our tar sled. Its and 01 srx. At the end of this year we were find it was very inconsistent then it would slow way done. Found the PV motor would some times unwind the cable. So we would reset the cable and it would work fine for a pass or two and then it would start doing it again. Checked the PV adjustment and it seems to be fine. We swapped CDI and PV motor from our there sled and it still did the same thing. Checked the stator it ohm fine. Thinking a wire rubbing issue going to pull the motor this winter and check. Is there anything else that I should be checking?

Thanks again

I know this is several years old, but did you ever figure out what the issue was . . I am having the same problems .. thanks

It was rub wiring harness. Since its was just a race sled I just made my own wiring harness.

Back