2001 srx jetting HELP!

Donnie

I purchase a srx for real cheap because it had no compression in 1 cylinder and low compression in the others. Started to tear the motor down and discovered the cylinder with no compression had already been rebuild with a weisco piston. So I figured bad crank seal, I completely disassembled the motor and replaced the seals and the crank was already welded, reassemble the motor and went to clean the carbs and notice that all the carbs had the same jets in them and the same pilot jets as well, it has 155.3 mains and 45 pilot jets. I need help as why someone would do that? I also noticed the baffle was out of the air box too. It has the stock pipes on it yet. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Was it just 1 cylinder with the wiseco piston or are they in all 3? How do the cylinders look?

The the mag side had the wiseco in it, the center and pto were oem, cylinder looked great, I ran a ball hone down all three before reassemble. It was melted down on the exhaust side, past the rings, and the center was starting to do the same. The pto side looked fine. I replaced all three with oem pistons. Went to put it all back together and noticed the carbs have been messed with.

Its possible the jets were changed because the airbox is gutted. If that's the case I personally would get a baffle and put the airbox back to stock and then change to stock 01 mains. Also wouldn't be a bad idea to check the needle position just to know where its at. I run 45 pilots in mine and it seems to be better as far as the idle hang. I'm not an expert on jetting so maybe one of the other guys will have a better idea to what you should do.

I did buy the baffle, and would like to take it back to stock settings. I'm not sure of the correct size though, from what I gathered is stock should be 148.8, 148.8, and 150? But I've also saw 146.3, 146.3, and 148.8. And 143.9, 143.9, and 145. I have never messed with jetting carbs, so I'm not sure what to do. I will check the needle tonight.

Back