Going to need help setting up 780 srx

hay drew those 780's like 8100 if you have the 33mm carbs on it.if you bore the stock carbs out then it likes 8350.that what happen to mine.

that helix you have in there is fairly steep for use with 8bu00, which upshift very fast. Those(advantedge helix) are about equal to 3 degrees more then angle then stamped due to the aggressive radius they are cut,so your shifting about 53/43, which the intial upshift is likely overshifting it and then it plays catch up and has lower rpm unless you really stretch out the distance. you can try a few shims on primary spring, that will raise shift rpm also, and/or/both, you could go to a stiffer sec(silver @60/70) to try and hang onto the belt a little longer

I did some runs and checked plugs and wash. It looked pretty good. I think it might be a little on the rich side but I will wait and check again when it is colder. I tried to get a picture of the plugs but it didn't turn out. The wash marks looked pretty good size. It was pulling rpm perfectly. Took off at 8100 and went up to not quite 8500. I had a powervalve cable break so I think that is why it wasn't pulling rpm but not sure since when it broke it would only hit 7000. I did the brake line fix on my other valves and one of them spun and almost sheared the cable off so I knew it was hanging by a thread. The helix is actually marked "G" but when I measured from what I could tell it measured 50/40.

Back