Clarification on spec in manual??

nick5oh

In a yammy shop manual in the clutch section they list all the parts/specs etc etc.
When they list weights and the rivets in the weights-for example:
8dn-20 w/17.2 & 13.9
This always means first number (17.2) rivet is base hole and second number (13.9) rivet is the tip hole correct?
Another example is:
8dn-10 w/13.3 & 17.2-99 SRX 13.3 inner/base and 17.2 outer/tip correct?

Which weight are you referring to? The 8dn20 or 8dn10?im just looking for Clarification on what the manual shows cause it's not specific, it just says 17.2 & 13.3 doesn't say inner and outer. So I want to know if the first number is always the inner/base and the second number is always the outer/tip?

nick5
I haven't worked on my clutch in a few years, but I'm pretty sure you are correct. It goes from inside hole first, then the outside (or "tip") hole.

K sweet thanks to all who replied!
Used the shop press to squish em in the weights, test fitted the weights into the clutch and moved the weight through its travel. Seems like I have about 3/16"-1/4" on either side clearance once I take up the play.
I think this should be good?
For those interested and also for those who have used a press to install the rivets, I put 4 tons on the 17.2 and 3 tons on the 13.3. They mushroomed pretty good. Seems like they are not going anywhere :)

Back