Riser

Cyrus

Looking to put in a two inch riser on my viper. Apparenlty a 2 inch will work without having to worry about cable extensions. I se lots of powermadd types...but what is the difference between a pivot and just a regular riser? Any recommendations?

Besides the obvious of a pivotal riser being able to pivot. depending on the type used you need an adapter to use one. a popular one is the 3.5" rox riser. quite a few people run them with stock cables and no adapter is needed.

I have a 2" Rox on one of my sleds plus a 3/4 " spacer block with the stock cables and that's pretty much it for the stock cables.I like the Rox articulating feature allowing for not just forward and back of the bar,but up and down,so to speak.

once you get this all installed just be sure to check the the oilpump cable when you turn the handlebars all the way to one side and then to the other, observe if it pulls the cable out of the adjuster, if so reroute the cable. seen this many of times guys complain of high oil useage or excessive smoking and usually the riser is the culprit pulling the cable just out of adjuster making it run much richer.

Back