Carb Installation questions

Giacobbe

I'm currently putting my carbs back on my 97 Vmax 700, and I've got two questions.

Firstly, I've got the fuel lines hooked up to the carbs but then there is two lines coming off the center carb that have a connector on them, in my manual I can't find anything on where they are able to go.

cahbs.jpg

and lastly, I'm wondering what's the best way to do the airbox to carbs? should I take the boots of the airbox and put them on the carbs and line up the airbox or just leave them on and try to slide them on the carbs? Also anybody have any good clamps to recommend that's a good chance I don't have to order?

Thanks everyone

The best way I found to put air box and carb boots on is take the air box apart in 2 halves and that way you can work with the boots and visual see that they are correctly install.

The best way I found to put air box and carb boots on is take the air box apart in 2 halves and that way you can work with the boots and visual see that they are correctly install.

I have it off in two halves, so line the bottom halve off with the boots still on?

Leave the boots on the air box and put it back in and connect the boots on the carb side. Make sure the clamps are backed off a bunch and they will slide right on and you can help them since you can get at the inside. Then put in the baffle and the top half and your ready to go.

Back