Need 600 more rpm. Piped viper. Heal clickers

tnc110

VIP Lifetime Member
Buddies bender piped viper shifts at 8000/8100...I want to raise about 600 rpm...maybe 700. How many washers should we remove...I think there is 3 on each weight now...not sure.

I suppose he is running the red spring? Number of washers per weight doesn't tell me a whole lot. How much weight (in grams) does it have in the tip? I would start by removing all tip weight and then try again. Hopefully you'll get an overrev, and then you can add some to get it back down.

I think I read 8700-8800.

I'll look at the clutching closer in a few days.

3 washers on each bolt would be way to heavy, so I say get some more information on the set up and it would be easy to diagnose the problem. need to know or take pic of the weights, and what helix and rear spring is in it, red or gray primary spring.

OK, got into this finally. Primary is red spring (which has 5.5" free length, .24"diameter wire) 14.5ish mm rollers. Weights have no bolts in either hole.

Secondary has 19.1mm rollers, red dot spring, 42 34 helix
20170131_104633.jpg

If that is a red dot stock Yamaha spring, that is waaay too soft causing loss of rpm.

yep these guys are right with a roller secondary clutch the red spring will be way too soft and not be able to hang onto the belt, overshifting and putting it in a higher gear. The roller sec. requires a lot more sec. spring pressure to hang onto the belt because the roller eliminate all the friction on the helix ramp. A silver sec spring is where I would start with it, if I can sneak a green dot in there at 80 twist it will be a bit faster but the silver will be a good bet at 70-80.
I think I would also go to larger rollers like 15.6mm from a srx, which will also add some rpm,allowing you to then run some weight in the clutch weights, running them empty is kinda a waste in my opinion.

Thanks fellas. I ordered a silver and a green. Will try silver and see where that gets her!

I have the same roller just put a silver in it. I had green at 90 and still would suck the belt down on ice.

Back