Got myself a new to me Monster

stewstang

This year in march i got myself a 2002 yamaha viper, completely stock, decided to put a new camoplast intense 1.5 track on it, got a sno-stuff can for it, and then an atacc because i was going to head to the mountains and didnt want to deal with jetting. Well, the dealer where i got my viper from happen to just get in a 2003 mountain viper with a 162 apex skid, slp pipes, some special clutch and an artic cat secondary. tried to get ahold of the owner for more of a rundown on this bad girl but he wasnt available. This is the first piped triple i have heard in real life and it genuinely terrifies me! I drive a 700 hp cobra convertible in the summer at the drag strip with a six speed, no fear at all but this thing...oh my!

Plan on going to the mountains with a few of my buddies, first time back to snowy range since 2005 when i was 15. Had a yamaha vmax with a clutch kit, vari flow, and a 1.25 ripsaw (my dad's sled and he rode a 700 viper brand new and stock.)
This thing should rip!One of my buddies will be renting but the other one has an 2001 rmk 800 and the other has an 06 or so vector! Hoping to do some high marking with them and staying ahead in the game!

Got the run down on her:
09-10 Apex skid with low miles and maverick track
Big Wheel kit from Mountain Performance
Anti-Ratchet Drivers
19-40 Gears
Erlandson (sp?) Clutch 4 Cam comet
Head milled
Secondary Clutch is an artic cat titanium springs in both primary and secondary.
SLP Pipes

He told me this sled has been up and on top of widowmaker in wyoming so that leaves some very large boots to fill and maybe next year ill do that, ill probably stick to high marking this year!

Back