SRX vs 800 Dragon...

To add to all of this, 196 might be fine for me. I'm right around 300#s. Same sled, same studs with a 120# rider would be wayyy too many.
Destey.... what is your weight w/ gear.

Last edited:

I usually run drag n flys in my srx. Just last year I ran another 01. Tried two setups, drag n flys which pulls a lot harder out of the hole then the 8dn 20's loaded but I think the 20's have a little bit more top end. In either case I was roughly 3-4 sled lengths ahead of the other srx just depended where I pulled those lengths. We typically are running 3000-4000ft on the lake. I think the best I've seen with my drag n flys is 116mph and maybe 117 mph with 8dn's. This is on hard hard pack snow. I'm not ported or big bore. Another one I run with did 120mph the same day but he won't tell me his secrets, I think its ported. lol

you won't have a problem beating that dragon 800, they are not even close to 165 hp. The actually out of the box were in the low 150 range but after polaris did the recall on the head and pistons it dropped the power quite a bit. I bet your buddy will have a different aspect towards the srx after that race!

you won't have a problem beating that dragon 800, they are not even close to 165 hp. The actually out of the box were in the low 150 range but after polaris did the recall on the head and pistons it dropped the power quite a bit. I bet your buddy will have a different aspect towards the srx after that race!

Im aware the dragons dont have 165 stock and yes after the updates the engine hp get cut about 10 hp which does bring it back to what the srx's have. He has been saying he has bought the BMP bolt-on performance kit, minus the head, which would give the sled around 160 hp. So, we will see who is across the lake first

If your set up good and you go long enough you will beat him 2 my buddies are Polaris nuts one has a brand new 16 pro x 800 switch back and the other has the first a rush 800 its red. I was able to pass both of these up did not kill them but ended up on top my buddy Todd has an 02 viper triple piped and he beat them too it was pretty cool to have two relics whomp up on the new ones! Now every time when they start bragging about doing wheelies and blitzing the rough trail and what not we just them if they want to take a zip across the lake and they both shut right up.

Last edited:
Thats awesome you beat them hess, especially they being 2016s. I have to say I shouldnt be too surprised you beat them with your SRX being set up well, they really do perform well for what they were designed to do. As for the race, we could have by now but buddy keeps saying his sled isnt ready. In my area of southern ontatio we have more thatn enough snow and ice right now to go head to head. Im just waiting......cold feet.....Fn Poo guys:bling:

He's probably done some reading of his own and it has him nervous. Maybe he's even read this thread. Lol

I bet he is. He's probably knee deep into turbo mounting instructions right now...lol

Im aware the dragons dont have 165 stock and yes after the updates the engine hp get cut about 10 hp which does bring it back to what the srx's have. He has been saying he has bought the BMP bolt-on performance kit, minus the head, which would give the sled around 160 hp. So, we will see who is across the lake first

I bet he bought the "clutch kit " to go with it too haha. I did miss that part, I have ran some dragons with my piped viper. I got them by 4-5 lengths

I will post about it when we do, received a text from him saying he is out of country right now, he works as a welding inspector on ocean oil rigs, may be gone for a while. Too bad, for now, was looking forward to racing him and now we dont have Any snow on the lakes....

If your set up good and you go long enough you will beat him 2 my buddies are Polaris nuts one has a brand new 16 pro x 800 switch back and the other has the first a rush 800 its red. I was able to pass both of these up did not kill them but ended up on top my buddy Todd has an 02 viper triple piped and he beat them too it was pretty cool to have two relics whomp up on the new ones! Now every time when they start bragging about doing wheelies and blitzing the rough trail and what not we just them if they want to take a zip across the lake and they both shut right up.

LOL!!

What they usually resort to then is....."well that's all those Yamaha's are good for, going fast in a straight line".....try actually riding it or turning a corner or going over a bump, you'll get beat to death!"

What I usually say then is, "Yep you are correct, you have to be a MAN to ride a Yamaha"!!

;)!

LOL!!

What they usually resort to then is....."well that's all those Yamaha's are good for, going fast in a straight line".....try actually riding it or turning a corner or going over a bump, you'll get beat to death!"

What I usually say then is, "Yep you are correct, you have to be a MAN to ride a Yamaha"!!

;)!

LOL thats an awesome answer especially for a POOlaris rider, you have to keep reminding them their sleds were originally designed for a Doo riders wife...

Last edited:

Back