Carb question

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
As many times as I've had the carbs apart on my sleds I have often wondered to myself about the brass tube,called the starter jet according to the Aaen carb tuning book,and if or how it comes out of the carb body.Is this pressed in,threaded in? Mine all seem to be clear when I use compressed air and carb cleaner to blow through it,I'm just curious.

Do you mean the little brass jet on the front of the carb face? Thats screwed in and has a slot to remove it with a flat head. The big brass nozzel is just pressed in that the needle goes into.

That is a good question! I "assume" it's just a brass tube pressed into the carb body which is long enough to be deep in the float bowl to pick up fuel easily for the starter circuit. Never had one plugged up, just give it a shot of cleaner and then a blast with compressed air.

I know all about the brass jets in the face of the carb and the tube the needle passes through.The one I'm referring to is the one northern srx is talking about,the one that appears to be pressed into the carb body and extends down into the float bowl for the choke/starter circuit.

Back