2000 SRX700 no spark

Yamaha#817

I have a 2000 srx 700 that i drove two weeks ago. Today when i went to start it, it wouldnt. I checked the spark and had none. The under motor harnes has already been re wired. The wierd thing is if it sits for an hour or so it will spark for three pulls then stop. I dont know if this could be a cdi issue or stator? Any help is appreciated. Thanks8

pickup coil bud. you posted your harness is all set. i like telling guys first always check for mice. its cold out. i don,t believe its your cdi. 3:16x (yammie tony)

Today i was able to pull the recoil off and found rust on the raised part of the flywheel that the pickup coil reads on. I lightly sanded the flywheel and put it back on. I used a rope on the clutch to pull it over, and pulled it ten times and had good spark every time. Before i put it together could i put some clear on the flywheel to prevent this?

I coated ours with some wd40 after cleaning them. Works great and keeps them from rusting back up. I'd also suggest checking your plug caps and replace them if it's been a while. ;)!

Back