Viper M10 mount problem.

Keith1962

PART_1482509563164_IMG_20161222_204430.jpgPART_1482509571925_IMG_20161222_204415.jpgA family member has an 02 Viper with an M10 installed. I noticed yesterday that the skid was not installed using the front torque arm brackets, and found damage to the tunnel. Trying to get ahold of Fast for some help. I'm not sure if this is a Fast or Polaris M10. I looks like it has Polaris wheels on the skid. Does anyone know if this is a Polaris skid, does it mount exactly like one from Fast? I think the correct mount brackets would solve this problem.

I mounted mine like this and have had no problems. yet. lol Does it have the factory steel reinforcements on both sides of the tunnel? I can see the outside one is there on the left pic but can't tell on the tore up side. I made a shim and tacked it on the inside tunnel support bracket that made up the difference in the shaft length. Did someone take the bolt loose in the left pic or was it like that? Also how is the rear torque arm mounted?

Last edited:
I mounted mine like this and have had no problems. yet. lol Does it have the factory steel reinforcements on both sides of the tunnel? I can see the outside one is there on the left pic but can't tell on the tore up side. I made a shim and tacked it on the inside tunnel support bracket that made up the difference in the shaft length. Did someone take the bolt loose in the left pic or was it like that? Also how is the rear torque arm mounted?
I have to get it apart yet to see what is going on with the torn side. I'm thinking using the brackets from Fast would be a stronger way to mount the skid. But I can make a bracket to reinforce the tunnel and rivet it in along with some panel bonding adhesive.

I think mounting the skid without the fast install kit is fine if done properly. It is possible the tunnel had a crack in it and it just worked it until it finally ripped out. Check how the rear torque arm is mounted. It should not be in the factory rear hole.

Back