97 600 XTC - Deluxe?

YammyNER

Just picked this up 2 days ago. Seems like a nice sled. Haven't had the chance to really ride yet though. How do I know if it's a Deluxe or was that just someone putting that in the ad?
It's got electric start, needs a new starter motor though, and reverse. Ordered the new motor and a buddy of mine told me last night that I want to get a snow helmet with electric shield. Explained the plug... I ride my motorcycles year round so I'm not new to heated gear. But there's no plug on the dash of this sled. I can put one in but I want to make sure it's capable. Anyone know if I can? Where do I go with the wires? Thanks in advance. Haven't owned my own sled since I was a teen. Feels good to be back!

97-600Deluxe2.jpg

Not sure about this but I think electric start, reverse and heated grips from factory was the Deluxe model.

Thanks guys for the quick replies. First sled ever for me with reverse. Guy I bought it from warned me to "not use it a lot" and "don't use it to get unstuck". hhhmmmm

You can purchase the universal kit at any place that has a Parts Unlimited catalog. What helmet do you currently have?

For the Motorcycles I have a Shoei RF-1200 Beacon
The off-road dirt toys I have an LS2 Pioneer. Was hoping I could get a shield for the LS but no dice.
Guess I'm going to find an HJC snow helmet, hopefully local cuz it's snowing like a banshee right now! :D

Back