Heelclickers

yamahaviper

K guys put a set of heelclickers in my 04 vipers got it working pretty good great off the line and still have lots of top end I'm using a 45 - 39 Hauck helix the only thing is at top end my rpms are only at 8000 not 8500 so what adjustment should I make to get the top end rpms up

I have no experience with heelclickers but generally your either remove tip weight or use a stiffer spring in the primary. Shims can be used to mimic a stronger spring. I'm still learning this stuff to. I'm just covering the basics.

Last edited:
Sound like you need to remove a couple grams of weight. Others on this site will be able to add specific comments as to where to add/remove the weight for peak performance. This also depends on how you use the sled.....drag racing, trail, lake running etc.

too vague on your set up, don't know what color primary spring or where your weight is placed in the arms to be able to tell you what to change. Also what rear sec spring your running and where you have it set? is the helix a coded one with a letter or is it stamped at those angles?

4.2heel,3.4mid,4.5tip with a white spring and 15mill rollers it engages at 3500 the secondary has the stock spring twisted at 90deg as for the helix I'm not a 100 percent sure if it is a 45-39 that's just what the guy that gave it to me said it was

White spring? That doesn't sound right at all. Neither does the helix, even though that can be worked around.

4.2heel,3.4mid,4.5tip with a white spring and 15mill rollers it engages at 3500 the secondary has the stock spring twisted at 90deg as for the helix I'm not a 100 percent sure if it is a 45-39 that's just what the guy that gave it to me said it was

the white spring is most of your problem, the white spring is 170/300, and the red spring is the one you want to use if you want to be able to run any amount of weight in the arms to clamp the belt, the red is 230/360. So with using the white... you will need to remove weight from the tip of the weight because the spring is too weak. Your helix can also be a issue since you really don't know what angles it is but it can be worked around by not running as much tip weight if its a steeper finish angle.
On a viper I think youll find a lot better results running the red spring, your 15mm rollers are good, 4-5 grams heel weight, 4.3 mid hole, then 3.4 in the tip. You can try your helix and 80-90 degree wrap with stock red dot Yamaha spring.

I usually run a 48/36 helix in a viper and then use 4.3 in the tip. Shoot for 4000 engagement (unless you want lower, add more heel weight). 85/8600rpm on top as that's the peak hp output on a single pipe viper. Always seem to perform the best with a 8100 rpm out of the gate then climb up to 85-8600rpm peak after 200-300ft out from start.

Ok I'll will switch out the white spring and I'll put in the red spring and lower my tip weight and addo some mid weight is there some way I can figure out what the helix angles are

if you add the red spring leave the tip weight alone and try it.

if you look at the helix see if it has a letter stamped on the front of it. If its a hauck helix most are coded with a letter stamp, might know what it is if its one I have checked angles on.

ok, you can make that work, put the red spring in and try it see where your at, that alone should improve it.

K so I put the red spring in and wow what a difference the sled is a bat out of hell out of the hole but the rpms athe top end start at 8000 then climbs to 8100 so I'm assuming I should drop a bit of weight off the tip to gan some rpm

reverse the middle and the tip, run 4.3 middle hole with 3.3 in the tip and recheck rpm.

Back