SRX coolant overflow tank

Cherrypicker

I also own several SX700's, in addition to the 98 SR700 I'm inquiring about. But the oil injection tank on this SRX is the same ? that I have on the SX models, which includes the coolant overflow/expansion tank molded as part of. So the question is the coolant overflow/expansion chamber on the oil tank, in the SRX has no function????. Just an empty chamber and it was simpler for Yamaha, more cost effective to just include it in the SRX chassis? Of course the coolant expansion tank on the SRX is a separate tank altogether.

Yes, They are the same. The coolant side of the tank for the SRX needs to be drilled top and bottom to work for the SX/SXR sleds. Just did one last night

I thought so, I am not going to remove theSRX tank and use it on a SX or SXR, but am missing a coolant tank cap on one of the SX models and if it doesn't solve any useful purpose I would swap that off.

I would reconsider, Now that I filled my oil tank today I noticed it went to the other side(coolant reserve). I fixed mine temporarily, but I will order the correct tank. Honda East in Maumee ohio has great prices. Sorry for the info.

Back