04 viper 700 s

hessracing

What can everyone tell me about this machine might be picking one up this Saturday it has just over 6000 miles on it. I'm some what familiar with them because I have an SRX. Anything in particular to look out for on this? Pretty excited about it!

Well I've owned one for 7 years I got it with 2000 miles on it and I have 9600 miles on it now and it has been a great sled I have towed every one of my buddies sleds home at least twice and no one has pulled me ever its never let me down but as with any two stroke vehicle it will have problem so the one that I have had is the stator the wire that's goes to the magnet broke half way through and was making my sled have very sporadic rpms took me a long time to figure it out but didn't leave me stranded lol. Other things are the obvious maintenance like carb and power valve cleaning and bearings and of course a bad back lol. Which leads me to the best thing I ever did and put a skid from a 2004 polaris edge pro x in it made the sled handle bumps in the trail and more adjustability with great weight transfer. But going from a SRX to a viper s will be a huge step up for handling and suspension

Yup!!! just rolled 10,000 on mine with only rings. I would for sure at minimum get a set of KBY's and have the rebuilt and revalved for rear skid. The shocks that came with it are not rebuildable and im sure shot.

Yup that's y I changed my skid cause the shocks were gone int the pro action and it was way cheaper to find a polaris skid with Fox shocks and have them rebuilt online thing I would of done different is put a longer skid in

Back