Looking for tech tips on putting 4.5 gram rivets in 8DN20.

Dturn

I was trying to pull the clutch weights out. I got the bolt 8mm bolt out but the Allen's are rusted and stripped the head....:whine:

see if u can get a pair of needle nose channel locks to get it out

Thanks. Any suggestions on getting the rivets out or putting the new one in? Also how do I identify which one is the 4.5 gram rivet that already in there.

Some drill one end of the rivet off, others grind them off.
Then you just punch them threw with a hammer and steel punch or bolt.

To install them you slide the rivet all the way threw and with the head of the rivet down against a good strong solid steel surface (like a vice), then carefully strike down and mushrooms the long end of the rivet, this secures it in place. Ofcourse be carefully not to damage the weight in the process.

Last edited:
u can use a drill and drill through the middle of the rivet and then use a hammer and a punch to get in out. be careful not to damage the weight. drill through the side that has been mushroomed and the punch through that side. if your using the 20's from an srx the tip already has the 4.5. its the inner one that needs to be replaced if your looking to load them up with both 4.5.

Thanks guys that great info!!
If I end up replacing thone Allen bolts and suggestions on where to find new ones? Finding those at the local hardware store might be tough.

Thanks guys that great info!!
If I end up replacing thone Allen bolts and suggestions on where to find new ones? Finding those at the local hardware store might be tough.
Wow should have proof read....sorry

go to your dealer for the parts you need. hardware store is cheaper but you take a chance. like posted above just drill out those rivets. 4.5 rivets are # 90261-06033-00 3:16x (yammie tony)

Thanks for all the help. I have had the Allen screws soaking all night in WD... I will let you know how I make out.

If your using a ball head Allen try one with a straight key also if the sides are worn grind it down to fresh metal if you need to there are R/C tools available which have precision ground tips that are the exact size I've gotten out set screws using those that I thought were hopelessly stripped.

I am all set got the Allen's out with heat and patience!! The rest was easy! Putting the sled back together now hopefully take it for a rip with the Mr. Viper set up soon. Hopefully none of the neighbors have to get up early.

Back