D/C power for gps

00SRXWHERRY

hello, looking to find D/C power source for my gps on a 2000 SRX. I have looked in the tech pages on this. is there any D/C power source at the dash where I'm mounting my gps. I don't want to do a battery mod or anything fancy. Thank you

Right side of engine compartment. There is a plug should be capped or empty if you don't have estart it's under the coolant cap there will be three wires. The solid red will get you 12v constant while running. I just did this to run my garmin Montana and worked great today, always keeping Gps powered

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wire direct, find a nice ground, I use an sae plug aka battery tender wire. So I can quickly remove gps and mount and charger to put on motorcycle as well. If you do that just remember to make sure the exposed plug is the ground side not the positive side or it could touch metal and short out if not connected

Ended up looking at the wiring diagram. I did buy a converter but ended up not using it.. I wired it to the blue wire in the harness on the hood. it is 12volt from the sled that powers all the lighting for the spedo and tach. I then grounded it to the back wire. I have ridden 300 miles so far and it works perfect!

It's 12v but I think it may be ac voltage? I know mine was? That's why I went to the wire I directed you to as it's factory wire design if purposes for the estart and therefore uses power after a convert or for battery charge or solenoid or something.

I did check it was d/c, I even hooked up the converter and it just cycled the power on then off with the gps.

Wow I to was under the impression that this wire was AC. In fact I know the lighting system is AC. Weird, glad it works for ya. I will have to check this out on my old vipers just for my own information. Your Garmin might have a built in converter? The only DC on a Yamaha sled is the brown tach wire, the reverse buzzer wire and the e start charging harness. Maybe there is a converter somewhere in the harness I wasn't aware of.

Wow I to was under the impression that this wire was AC. In fact I know the lighting system is AC. Weird, glad it works for ya. I will have to check this out on my old vipers just for my own information. Your Garmin might have a built in converter? The only DC on a Yamaha sled is the brown tach wire, the reverse buzzer wire and the e start charging harness. Maybe there is a converter somewhere in the harness I wasn't aware of.

Not sure about other sleds but it seems the voltage regulator on this model is a regulator/rectifier. Everything is DC. Most sleds I have dealt with in the past have been A/C unless electric start equipped.

early srx sleds were ac current with single headlight bulb, then in 2000-02 on srx its dc as it has a rectifier.

Back