enticer bad charge?

curtisbyrne2

ok i have a new attery that i installed on my 92 enticer 2. it started fine with the e start but after a while of sitting the battery was dead or near dead. right after you shut the snowmobile off after riding it starts slow with the e start but after a while there is nothing. i notice the lights dim alot at idle and the head light flicks when brake is applied. could this be a stator problem for i just had the stator out and seen nothing unusual. help please thanks

First, make sure all electrical connectors are clean and firmly seated. I don't know that machine specifically but the following is a basic charging system troubleshooting procedure:
You need to find out if the battery isn't charging while the machine is running, or if it's being drained when sitting. To do that you need to verify the charging system is working. If you have a charger, slow charge the battery until it has a full charge. Measure the voltage and take note, should be around 12.6 Volts DC. Start the machine, run it up to about 3000 RPM and measure again, now it should be around 13-14 Volts DC. If the voltage goes down or stays the same, the battery is not charging. If it rises to 13-14 volts then it's charging. If the voltage goes to 15 volts or higher the regulator isn't working. Switch the voltmeter range to AC and measure again. A volt or 2 AC is normal, more than that you've got a rectifier problem.

If the charging system checks out, the battery could be discharging slowly through one of the electrical system components or through dirt/grime on the connectors.

Hopefully that gets you pointed in the right direction.

ok she charges at 12.4 a idle and higher as the rpm is increased. but the battery drains after a while of sitting, i know the solenoid is a little rusty but connections are good so what do i do??

Back