SRX Clutching with M10

KEVIN

VIP Lifetime Member
Hello all

It's been I while since I've been on this side and not the 4stroke side
My buddy has a 02 SRX with an M10 suspension in it
What should I do for clutching to wake it up?

Thanks

you want budget kit or does he want to spend a couple bucks and get better stuff? I assume with the m10 its a groomed trail ridden sled?

Oh he will want to do it on the cheap...lol
Yes trail only

put 4.5 rivets in both holes on the stock 8dn20 weights, use a white/white/white yamaha primary spring, get a helix like 50/44, 51/45,52/44 and use a green dot Yamaha sec spring set at 60-70 twist, that will wake it up nicely. I listed a few helix that will work, the 50/44 would be my first choice, the others in the order, the 52/44 would make it a little more aggressive upshift(quicker) but all will backshift nice for on and off the gas in the turns and trails.

youll only need 3 of the rivets if stock as the srx comes with 4.5 in the outer hole already, if..... its not been messed with.

Looks like the 8dn 20s have different rivets in the tips
Anyone know what they should weigh with 4.5g in them?

8dn20 weigh 42.09 grams empty, so with (2) 4.5 gram rivets in them they should be 51.09 grams

Can I jump in here? I am about to put an M10 on my 01 SRX - what will waking it up do? A little confused as suspension (I got it to limit the bumping) is why I am getting it - I ride NH twisty trails only. Currently my 01 is stock.

"My buddy has a 02 SRX with an M10 suspension in it
What should I do for clutching to wake it up?"

^^^I dont see how M10 implies "trail" set up?

Yea I know what an M10 suspension is - I am wondering why the clutch change JUST FOR the M10?

Sorry, misunderstood you. I believe there is more drag on an m10 than stock skid. You might lose top end.

Back