Installing SRX carbs on Viper?

nysrx

I have a set of 2000 SRX carbs I a am putting on a Viper. I have changed the changed the main and pilot jets from the Viper carbs to the SRX set. Do I set the fuel screw to 1 1/8 that the SRX was or the 1 7/8 that the Viper carbs were. Anything else I should know before instal.

The nozzles are a different size. The believe the SRX are one size richer. You might want to just leave them in depending on what you doing.
---mac---

Yes the nozzles are different. I think the SRX are Q6 nozzles which should help out on the lean conditions that some these Vipers have. Maybe that's why the fuel screw settings are different. Maybe the 1 1/8 might be best start with. Thanks

I run the SRX Nozzles in my Viper too. Its very seldom discussed on this forum. Your question as to where to adjust the fuel screws. fire it up..... and let the engine tell you what it needs.

srx has a leaner slide cut(2.5) then a viper(1.5) but richer needle and nozzle. I would set the screw at 1.5 out and give it a try with a 45 pilot jet. I use the srx needles and nozzels on the triple piped vipers I do, work well.

I'm no help at all to recommend specs. I'm Viper engine, 780, SRX carbs bored 35.5, gutted box with extra holes, carbs vented to atmosphere. Im not even close.
And glad Mr Viper is here with his years of experience.

Same here I haven't messed with stock stuff in a while. Both my SRX and Viper are Big Bores. My buddies stock Viper sat to long because we had no snow last year and the mice ruined his carbs. I had a stock set of 2000 SRX carbs so I am going to set him up with those. Thanks for the help I appreciate it.

Back