04 Viper 700 s vs 00 XC 600 Father son Grudge

hessracing

Hey what do you guys think of this for a match up? I got my wife the Viper 2 weeks ago and already my old man is telling me his 00 xc 600 is going to stomp it.... They are both fairly close in horsepower and when I had my 98 vmax 700 xtc his xc was dam near dead even with it usually a horse a piece to who ever hooked up. The viper is picked and he is not so he wants to do a rolling start. He did do so mild clutch work to his since I lined up next to him with Vmax last. The viper is all stock and does feel quicker than the vmax Has anyone raced one of these?
15895190_10154385860574482_7455190159244307828_n.jpg

Should beat the 600 easily. It would be a good idea to make sure everything is running right. Power valves, shift rpm around 8600 rpm, etc

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I kinda figured this just wanted to hear some other people say it we will be ridding together next saturday I will update this post after the run thanks guys!

My buddy has a 03 xc sp 600 studded, My viper is not, He got me off the get go and after i hooked up all he could do was read a yamaha snow flap!!!

well due to a warm up i will have to wait until another weekend to whomp him..... we have had high 30s low 40's here the last week and a half :( hope it gets cold again!!

You should read up on your new viper on TY. Theres a few simple mods you can do to keep that thing alive

What mods are you specifically referring to that will "Keep It Alive"? I am picking up my 03 viper next week has 3700. Would like to know so that I can extend the life of my sled.

What mods are you specifically referring to that will "Keep It Alive"? I am picking up my 03 viper next week has 3700. Would like to know so that I can extend the life of my sled.

Things like raising the needles in the carbs, a rear heat exchanger from a srx, the dog bone motor mount from a srx.( Cant remember what they are called right off the top of my head). Plastic tubing on the harness under the motor. I am sure I am forgetting something but these are all good mods.

Well long story, we went ridding this last weekend. My wife and my dad ran against each other and dad won by a sled length, I was immediately like what the hell! So i then took her machine for a ride and it felt like the choke was on and it was running extremely rich in the mid range power. So when I got home I did some investigating and found out the reeds on one of the cylinders was broken and the other two were chipping and on there way! So that being said I know there will be a much different outcome next time! I also noticed the belt was sitting low so I ordered a new one, the secondary still has the shims on the back on the 3 bolts also the wrap is at 80 and i see stock calls for 70 whats the best set up for this guys?

Hey Guys I can update this post from last year! I got a ton of work done to the Viper over the summer I got the carbs all squared away, machine needed new reeds check!, had my manifold welded check, put a new track slides and bearings on er check, and put an MBRP Trail can on it just for some noise. I got this machine for my wife and we had our first baby so she will be watching from the side lines this year so i took the viper to Munising yesterday with dad and of course it happened a few times the viper ate that xc for breakfast I pulled really hard on him several times probably 5 6 sled lengths feeling really good all the hard work it paid off!

Back