Hand warmer ground

2muchhp

VIP Member
2000 srx ,I have a bad ground. Does anyone know where the hand hand warmer ground is grounded to the sled? Just trying to save some time peeling wire.
Thx.

I would assume the ground is the common one in the wiring harness and if that's the case then the ground is on the steering hoop frame above the CDI on the left side.I've had the wiring harness apart on both my SRXs and never really took notice as to how the ground was patched together but the one on the steering frame is the only place that it's bolted on with a crimped hoop.

Four barrel when you had your harness apart by cdi do you remember if there were a couple wires where there was one wire going in and a couple coming out? I'm sorting through my 01 and it has metal clips crimped holding the wires together. Is this what Yamaha used?

It's been a couple years since I've had one apart and to be honest I can't remember right off how the wiring by the CDI is patched together,but I don't recall any wires coupled like you describe.

Ok thanks. I looked at a friends 2001 and everything looks good but I am not gonna cut his loom up to find out how it looks inside

Yes, that is the attachment point (steering gate above left footwell). It never hurts to have another ground. You can just add a new wire to that attach point (or create a new one) and tie into the other ground wires back up the line. Use the wiring schematic along with the cable routing charts for finding the other grounds.

Back